Oct 02 2008

Lemax Spooky Town accessories

Published by at 8:45 pm under Uncategorized

Now that Halloween is almost upon us, Michaels, The Arts and Crafts Store might as well post a sign that reads “Abandon hope, all credit cards that enter here.”  Michaels has put its annual Spooky Town miniatures collection on display, and my MasterCard actually whimpers when I pull into the parking lot. 

I can spend an hour in front of Spooky Town, transfixed by the haunted mansions, the mausoleums and graveyards, the skeletal trees, the lighted lampposts and all the little figures that go with them.  Some pieces are animated, with sound and lighting effects.  Many Spooky Town items, which are manufactured by Lemax, are in my personal collection, but I don’t have the room to lay everything out the way they do in the store.

This year I’ve been very self-controlled.  (But the season is young.)  The only items I’ve bought are a set of tombstones ($2.99) and two of these Creepy Corn Row lighted accessories ($9.99 each). 

The Creepy Corn Rows are so neat—when you plug them in, “hidden fiendish eyes light up at random.”  Won’t that look really good in my darkened basement?

Going to the Lemax Web site to do research for this blog post may have been a bad idea.  I’m seeing Spooky Town pieces I didn’t even know existed, but now I’m not sure I can live without them.  Like this.  And this.  Oh, and definitely this!

Is that my MasterCard I hear shrieking…?

3 responses so far

3 Responses to “Lemax Spooky Town accessories”

1. Merryon 20 Oct 2008 at 12:48 pm

I know what you mean. I can spend hours standing in front of the displays at Michaels, trying not to buy anything. This year I managed to buy a few new houses but was able to get them at 50% off at Michaels. Now that I’ve filled up my mantel area, I’m trying to figure out how can I fit in more which I’m hoping will put a stop to buying, though now things will soon be on clearance at michaels which is even a better way to buy. Besides, who needs to eat.

2. John W. Moreheadon 29 Jan 2009 at 10:26 pm

I’m with you on this addiction. I just received an email with the list of the 2009 product line and the discontinued items. You can start ordering the new items online in February at a 20% discount, so the credit card screams can start early. I’ll be interviewing someone with LeMax on this amazing line of items soon for my blog.

3. hobgoblin238on 21 Sep 2013 at 1:11 am

Just found this post. Love Lemax. I collect them VERY little for Monster Cafe Saltillo.