Nov 19 2014

Crock-Pot Slow Cooker

Published by at 8:41 pm under Uncategorized

Looks like mine, except I don’t have the number 19 on mine

It wasn’t until I hit college that I realized what my parents had been preaching to me about food and getting the most out of the money you spend on it. I had seen my mother, grandmother and sister use a crockpot before but didn’t know how they worked or for what purpose they served. The Christmas of my sophomore year is when my sister gave me the greatest present a college student could want; a 7 quart Crock-Pot slow cooker.

The original All-Purpose slow cooker was developed by Irving Naxon. This was because his grandmother had a recipe that needed to be in the oven all day because it took several hours to cook. Created by Irving Naxon and the Rival Company in 1970, the original slow cooker was produced and then re-introduced it a year later under the name “Crock-Pot”. Slow cookers gained popularity when females gained rights. This way dinner could be hot and ready for the end of the work day. Rival also introduced the removable stoneware to make cleaning easier after dinner.

Crock-Pots can really be bought anywhere. At Walmart, prices for a 7 quart Crock-Pot range from $19.99-34.99. You can also get a programmable Crock-Pot as opposed to a manual setting Crock-Pot. At Kohl’s, prices range from $29.99-49.99 and at J.C. Penney, a 7 quart Crock-Pot is $50.00. On Amazon, the prices range around the same as what’s listed above, but can be lower depending on who the Crock-Pot is being sold through. And of course, on the Crock-Pot website, prices range from $34.99-37.99. There is one accessory that goes with a Crock-Pot and that is a travel bag. The price of the travel bag on the Crock-Pot website is $7.99. At Walmart, Kohl’s, Amazon, prices range from $7.99- 20.39.

There are also off brand slow cookers that can be bought. These are sold by KitchenAid, Hamilton Beach, Cuisinart and Ninja, just to name a few. For the most part, Hamilton Beach has very cheap slow cookers starting at $19.99. The other brands listed above are more expensive because they are extremely nice and well-made kitchen appliances

As far as eWOM, on the Crock-Pot website the overall rating was 4/5 stars. Most customers said that they loved this product and that it was a great size for preparing food for their families. On Amazon as well the rating was a 4/5 stars. These customers were also pleased with the experiences they have had with Crock-Pot.

I love my Crock-Pot and would recommend to anyone that doesn’t have one to invest in one. Crock-Pot’s make buying groceries efficient because you can make soups, stews, meats, and anything you could want inside of the Crock-Pot. You can also make frozen meals in advance and use the Crock-Pot to heat up the meal when the day comes. I can leave my Crock-Pot on overnight and not have to worry about waking up with my food burnt or the house being burnt down. I think Crock-Pot’s are great for college students to have.

Comments Off on Crock-Pot Slow Cooker