Apr 21 2010

I Love Hooping!

Published by at 8:20 pm under Uncategorized

You may be wondering what is hooping? Hooping (www.hooping.org) contains an item that most of us played with as kids and may have embarrassed ourselves with as adults. Hooping is now a popular form of aerobic exercise that uses a weighted hula-hoop to burn calories and shed inched off your waist. Hula Hooping for just fifteen minutes a day three times a week will take an inch off your waist. The aspect of a weighted hula-hoop is that it adds more weight to your activity and allows you to burn more calories. Weighted hula-hoops come in a variety of weights from one pound to twenty pounds. Some have ridges that provide for better grip to your hips while others keep with the traditional smoothness. Hooping has become a popular trend among many athletes to build core strength. People often think that Hooping is easy and anyone can pick it up and do it, though almost everyone can hula-hoop it takes a while to develop enough strength to use a weighted hula-hoop. Bruises are common among beginners and people who hula-hoop for long time periods. These hula-hoops can range in prices from $28.00 to $43.00. Here is one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Weighted-Sports-Hula-Hoop-Weight/dp/B001GB8OI2

2 responses so far

2 Responses to “I Love Hooping!”

1. Marthaon 26 Apr 2010 at 2:22 pm

I just wanted to tell you that I saw this post on the main UMW Blogs site, and I’d never heard of weighted hula hoops. I was inspired to go out and buy one the next day. It’ awesome. Seriously!

2. kaylalesteron 26 Apr 2010 at 3:38 pm

lol it is pretty awesome and a healthy hobby. Let me know if you start hooping and thanks for reading. 🙂