Apr 12 2012

Electric Zoo 2012

Published by at 10:03 pm under The Shopping Blog,Uncategorized

Skip your family BBQ and take a trip to New York City for a 3 day bass pounding assault on your senses, Electric Zoo. Imagine a 24 acre island dedicated to one of the best electronic festivals in the country. With a simple ferry ride or walk from downtown Manhattan you will enter Rendell’s Island Park, transformed by enormous open air tents all with massive stages equipped with the best lights, lasers and sound systems specifically made to melt your face!

Why would I a 27 year old mother want to be involved in such activities? Easy, electronic music is what I grew up on. Not to mention all the fun there is to be had at these types of festivals and shows. Whether it’s a week a day or just an evening it is a heart pumping adrenalin rushed experience with people from every walk of life who are just as excited to be there are you are.

And it gets better! There is a star studded line up filled with DJ’s from every genre of the electronic spectrium, something for all 85,000 attendants. Personally I will be there to see Martin Solveig, my favorite; Dillon Francis, I have not seen yet; and Tiesto who will never disappoint. And this is only a fraction of the dozens of DJ’s who will perform over the 3 days and nights.

For the mere sum of $299 you can, in the immortal words of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, “Dance, dance, dance till your dead” or at least for the weekend. But if you want to party in style and are 21 and over the VIP packages are the way to go, starting at $649 with VIP area access plus transportation to venue, going up $1199 for the all important open bar. But who can put a price on so much fun and as the events web sites suggest you should only purchase your tickets from the official site as to not pay for counterfeit tickets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDT_7O3KHNM

Comments Off on Electric Zoo 2012